Covid-19 Response

 

General

 

During these difficult times, we are doing everything possible to comply with state regulations for reopening and keeping people safe. This means that we would need to be in Phase 3 in Skagit County to be able to operate for larger groups.  We had been keeping registration open, but we have unfortunately had to cancel all our culinary camps, day camps, and large group rentals this summer. We are still offering reservations for private family group retreats.

 

Of course, wiping out our entire rental season, so far, for the year is not easy on camp finances, so if you do have the possibility to make a donation, we would be grateful for your support. We know that times are hard for many, and we are keeping our camp kids and families in our prayers and hoping to see all your lovely smiling faces soon. Camp is not camp without laughing playing children and families having fellowship over a meal or cup of coffee.  

 

If your family is in need of a retreat this summer, we are offering our cabins for single family rental. We are asking that families who rent cabins at the same time comply with keeping group sizes small and interactions safe. Our dining hall is not available for mixed group rental, but it may be rented for single family use if they are staying in a cabin without a kitchen. 

 

DAY CAMP

 

Update: Day Camps have been cancelled. Please see copy of e-mail below.

Email from 7/17/2020

Dear Day Camp Parents,

It is with much sadness that we announce our decision to cancel our day camp programs this summer.

In order to operate our camps, Skagit County needs to be in Phase 3. Looking at the numbers, it just isn't going to happen in time for us this summer. We also want to give camper families and staff time to make plans for the rest of their summer and not drag out a decision that we feel is inevitable at this point. We love all your beautiful faces, are praying for God's blessing on your families, and hope to see you soon.

If you've already paid, here are a few choices for your refund.

 

Refund options:

1.       Full Refund. We will refund either through Paypal (if you paid via paypal) or check to the address you registered with. If you need to make changes please let us know.

2.       Refund minus the registration fee – This would be your full refund minus $25 for processing that it costs us between depositing, fees, and office work.

3.       Donation – if you would like to donate your Day Camp fees to help support our camp, we would invite you to do that. As we have only just started to grow the camp and recover from several difficult financial years, this is hard-hitting for us. Covid cancellations have taken most of our income for the entire year. If you are interested in donating all or part of your Day Camp payment, just let us know. If you would like to make a partial donation, we will refund the remainder via Paypal/check depending on how you paid initially. We would be extremely appreciative, since every little bit helps.

 

Again, we are so sorry to have to cancel day camp and we will miss our campers so much this summer. Please be in touch with us as you can about what you’d like to do about your refund.

 

With love  - Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Posh and Ladybug. 

Liz Seume

Camp Director

360-399-1195 


 

_________________________________________________________________

Previous Updates/Emails:

 

Culinary camp e-mail Monday, July 6th 2020:

 

Dear Culinary Camp families,

We are so sad to announce that we have to cancel both weeks of Culinary Camp. On Friday the governor announced that all applications to move into Phase 3 (or any other phase) would be paused until July 16th. It would not be until July 16th that Skagit county would be able to apply for phase 3, if we were eligible, and it would take about a week from there to actually be approved. That would put us in the middle of our second week of Culinary Camp. Also, with our county having 14 cases in one day last week (with only 32 allowed in a two week period to be able to move forward) it seems unlikely that there’s even the slightest chance of moving forward then anyway.

If by some chance our day camps all run on time, we will consider holding one week of Culinary Camp near the end of August, but it is doubtful at this point. We are going to keep hoping and praying that Day Camp will move forward, and for now offer refunds for Culinary Camp.

Refund options:

We would like to offer you a few choices for your refund…

1.       Full Refund. We will refund either through Paypal (if you paid via paypal) or check to the address you registered with. If you need to make changes please let us know.

2.       Refund minus the registration fee – This would be your full refund minus $25 for processing that it costs us between depositing, fees, and office work.

3.a.       Donation – if you would like to donate your Culinary Camp fees to help support our camp, we would invite you to do that. As we have only just started to grow the camp and recover from several difficult financial years, this is hard-hitting for us. If you are interested in donating all or part of your Culinary Camp payment, just let us know. If you would like to make a partial donation, we will refund the remainder via Paypal/check depending on how you paid initially. 

3.b.      If you'd like to give a full donation, we would love to send you the kid's apron and recipe cards from your camper's week as a thank you. We hope that this small gift can help bring a bit of camp to your kitchen or campfire. You and your chef can cook up a storm with the recipes we had planned on sharing with your kiddos.  

4.       Wait. Although it is unlikely that we will get to have a week of Culinary Camp after our day camps (as day camps will take priority), we can also hold onto your payment until the end of summer just to be sure.

Again, we are so sorry to have to cancel culinary camps and we will miss our little chefs this summer. Please be in touch with us as you can about what you’d like to do about your refund.

Blessings on your family this summer,

Liz Seume

Director at Quaker Cove

 

Date Change Email, Wednesday July 1, 2020:

 

Dear Culinary and Day Camp Families,  

We are so excited to get to see your kids at camp this summer! We’ve been developing our menu for culinary camp, and working on fun outdoor activities for day camp. Please read through to the end so you don’t miss our schedule changes for the summer.

Reopening:

In order to operate our day camps in compliance with state and county guidelines, we need to wait until Skagit county is in Phase 3 of reopening. This allows for groups of up to 50 (instead of the groups of 5 allowed in Phase 2). There are some day care/child care groups allowed to operate now, but since we are summer recreational programming, and not mainly childcare for essential workers, we don’t qualify for early opening.

Procedural Changes:

The recent addition of a mandatory mask rule for the state means that kids will need to wear masks for pick-up, drop-off, times when they can’t maintain 6 feet of distance, and moving from one activity to the next. We don’t want our campers to have to wear masks at camp the whole day, so we will be working on creative ways of distancing them for activities, and minimizing any mask time. We are working hard to follow many new regulations on cleaning and distancing, as we want your campers to be safe. We will also be performing health screenings at drop off and have a few other small changes we will notify you about as we get closer to the start of programs.  As usual our staff are background checked, have done child safety training and a first aid course.

Date Changes:

As many of you know, we have already pushed back our culinary camps 2 weeks as the transitions between phases have taken longer than expected. With the latest news, and Skagit County unable to meet the requirements for moving into phase 3, we find ourselves moving the dates of our programs again. While we could cancel our programs, or push them back late into the summer to avoid any more rescheduling, we really want to be able to hold all of our original weeks of camp so that no kid misses the opportunity to participate. Up to now we have been filling in weeks left empty by cancelled rental groups we won’t be allowed to host until Phase 4 at the earliest. We are attempting to make a “final” schedule, with some date options depending on Skagit County’s phase, so that you will at least be able to plan somewhat and we won’t have to send out more adjustment e-mails.

First, we will not be holding culinary camp the week of July 6-9th. The health department has advised that it will most likely be 2 more weeks before we reach Phase 3, which is not soon enough for these dates.

If Skagit County is in the application process/approved for Phase 3 by July 8th, our summer schedule will be as follows:

July 13/15/17 – Culinary Camp week 1 (Originally scheduled for June 29/July1/3)

July 14/16 – Jr High/Highschool Culinary camp

July 20/22/24 – Culinary Camp week 2 (Originally scheduled for July 6/8/10)

July 27-31 – Day Camp Week 1

August 3-7 – Day Camp Week 2

August 10-14 – Day Camp Week 3

If we cannot reach Phase 3 by July 8th, we will be closing each week of camp where the county has not either applied for/been approved for Phase 3 by the Wednesday before that camp.

On July 8th, Culinary Camp week 1 would be cancelled/confirmed and the jr high/high school camp moved to July 21/23 in the case of cancellation

On July 15th Culinary Camp week two, and the jr high/high school camp would be cancelled/confirmed

On July 22nd Day Camp week 1 would be cancelled/confirmed

On July 29th Day Camp week 2 would be cancelled/confirmed

On August 5th Day Camp week 3 would be cancelled/confirmed

We do potentially have the option of moving a couple of weeks of day camp/culinary camps into the end of August depending on staff availability. We can’t really make those decisions at this point though, and hope that we won’t have to.

This is a difficult time, and everything is so tentative it has been difficult to make concrete plans. We apologize for any changes so far, and hope that you are willing to be flexible with us. We believe that kids need programs like this, and so we will continue to do what we can do to be open when we are allowed and to make a safe place for your kids to come!

We are still offering a full refund for covid related cancellations or schedule changes. Please don’t hesitate to call or email me personally with concerns or questions.

We hope you are all healthy and that we will get to see you this camp season!

 

Liz Seume

Camp Director at Quaker Cove

360-899-8269

 

RESERVATIONS
 

Phone 1.360.399.1195

Email quakercove@gmail.com

FOLLOW US
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google+ Classic
CAMP ADDRESS

 

14694 Gibralter Rd.

Anacortes, WA 98221

© 2016 by Quaker Cove.